Saturday, March 3, 2012

Internet Communications Class

Dreamweaver CS5 Logo
(what I have on my laptop)
Things are starting to roll in our internet communications class now.  I am getting excited to see the planning and begining development of our website coming into place. One of the whole reasons I took this class in the first place was because once I finished this class I would be able to make and maintain a website for my martial arts association, The All Okinawan Ozark Mountain Karate Association.  I had no idea thatDr. Zeng would let me actually make it as part of class and for a grade.

This week in class, we had to submit our proposal in essay form to Dr. Zeng.  My partner Kim, originally sent me a proposal for my review a week ago or so, and it was a great foundation to startbuilding on.  She had some great ideas and I just added a few ideas to it.  Everything has been so hectic for me this week with school and work. I would have to say this week was the most busy and sleep deprived I have had since starting back to school. Ihad serious homework and/or projects due in pretty much all my classes, and have gotten maybe 2-3 hours of sleep every night since Sunday. On top of all that, I have been having to prepare for a visit from legislative auditors and going through 90 applications for a job I must hire for at work on top of my regular job duties.  So when Kim asked about her writing the essay for our propsal, I was ecstatic, andmore than glad to let her. Of course, I had to pull my own weight in this project, and as each of you in class have seen, that is a LOT of weight for me to be pulling!  So I worked on out story board to turn in with the proposal.  I chose a green posterboard to put it on because that is one of the colors of the AOOMKA logo, so we will be using tht as one of the colors of our website.  I also used Excel to make the individual screen shots that I put on the posterboard. I'm pretty good with Excel and thought I could use that to make it look cleaner and give more detail inside the screen shots.  Overall, I felt like the storyboard turned out pretty good. Now, on to the building of the actual site!

No comments:

Post a Comment